(Pronounced ray-key) is a Japanese word meaning universal life energy, an energy that which is all around us.
Reiki is the name given for a laying on of hands natural healing system, its history going back as far as Sumerian times in Atlantis. Reiki works on a holistic level so balances mind, body and spirit promoting a feeling of inner peace, calm and well-being.
What Happens During a Reiki Treatment?
Receiving a Reiki treatment is very simple and lasts between sixty and ninety minutes. You simply lie down on a couch and relax. There is nothing to do and nothing to think about. No clothing, other than shoes, needs to be removed.
The Reiki Practitioner is a channel for concentrated Life Force Energy.
During a Reiki treatment energy is drawn through the hands of the practitioner and into the body of the recipient.
It increases the vibrational frequency of the whole system, having a deeply relaxing effect that increases the flow of energy within the body; reducing pain and stress, clearing blockages, detoxifying the cells and bringing to the surface all that has remained hidden in the subconscious.
Reiki works holistically and as it has a consciousness of its own will always go to the level (physical, mental or emotional) where it is most needed to bring the person back into balance. The number of treatments required depends upon the root cause of the problem and the amount of energy needed to restore well-being.
- Releases emotional blockages
- Increases energy and vitality
- Cleanses the body of toxins and stimulates the immune system
- Accelerates the natural healing process by harmonising the bodies energies
- Enhances the beneficial effects of all other therapies and mediation
- Restores the whole person to a state of harmony and balance
- Releases energy and promotes a state of total relaxation